Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Poem of the Week!

Today's piece was written by Adonis M., a 5th grade student at Grew Elementary School in Hyde Park, MA. Adonis performed his poem "Baseball" at Monday's national SCORES Slam in NYC alongside representatives from each SCORES affiliate. Please read Adonis' prize-winning poem below:

BASEBALL

A Rod
Baseball all-star
Catching fly balls and grounders

Hitting homeruns and doubles
Derek Jeter
Enjoying the love of the game
Fighting to be the best
Got high fives for hitting the biggest hit of his career

Go hard or Go home
Hit the best or hit the worst
Interested in the fans
Hoping to be the best

Jump into first place
Kings of the American league and National league
Learned that they can make it all the way
Hope I make it to the MLB someday

Manny Ramirez is an inspiration for some of the things I do today
Nothing can stop me from reaching the top
Opportunities are everywhere
Taking my chances

Practice makes perfect
Quick on the baseball field
Ready to be what I’m destined to be
Exploring new places

Some way somehow I will thrive
Talking to people that can help me
Use the skill and talent I have to succeed
I’m going to make it you just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment