Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poem Thursday: PEACE, by Chereka M.

Today's piece was written by Chereka M., a 5th grade student at Marshall Elementary School in Dorchester, MA. She will be performing her poem at Monday's national SCORES Slam in NYC alongside representatives from each SCORES affiliate. Good luck, Chereka!!


PEACE

My name? It’s Chereka McCants.
Keep in mind, it doesn’t mean I can’t.

Well, I guess you can say,
I can’t dream without peace.
I can’t grow without peace.
I can’t live without peace.

My peace is something real.
My peace is how I feel.
My peace you don’t conceal.
My peace is the world, my friends and my family.
My peace is making a difference in my community.

My peace is me, Chereka McCants.
And keep in mind, it doesn’t mean I can’t.
I can and I will make peace. Not can’t.
I can and I will make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment