Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Poem of the Week!

In light of a recent rise in street violence in Boston, we ask that all of our readers and followers listen to the words of ASNE's poet-athletes as they convey how this violence affects their lives as children in our city, and as they propose messages of peace.

Gun Violence and Me

Blood is a word that starts with b,
I hope someone who’ll be shot will not be me.
Gun is a word
It starts with G
Gang members stop,
It hurts my community.
Violence is a word
It starts with V.
I hate that word
You can already see.

Ciara O.

Gun Violence and Me

You and me will never be free
We will never see a day without this violence
Or a day with some peace and silence
There is something we can do
And everything starts with…YOU!!

Geniya R.

No comments:

Post a Comment