Monday, March 8, 2010

Kids Corner: "A Day in the Life" by SCORES Alumna Christina Arecy

A Day in the Life (of a BU Student)
Christina Arecy, age 15, SCORES alumna

      Have you ever gone on a college or university tour only to find that throughout the tour you get grumpy and bored, or think you’d rather be at home snuggling in your bed than be outside in the cold city? I have taken a couple of college tours that have the same routine. They show you the building and tell you the history of their school. Little did I know that “A Day in the Life at Boston University” would be completely different. I had the chance to go to classes, meet with the women’s soccer team, and watch them play soccer. I couldn’t let this opportunity just go down the drain. This is why I told myself don’t let this opportunity pass by; learn a thing or two.
      One thing that shocked me when I went on this tour was that I had my own personal itinerary. I was thinking what in the world is going on? What was going on was I was actually getting a chance to take a college class and learn. I mean isn’t that cool?  On the BU Experience Virtual Tour, I was taken aback by how much great history Boston University has. Also, I got to visit the infamous Student dorm, Stuvi-two, which seems more like a hotel than a regular dorm. Then I got to watch the women practicing soccer and was amazed at how wonderfully the women played, with passion and heart. I took notice that when they made a mistake they kept on trying their best to make it perfect.
     Boston University is located in the heart of a city, and is compelling, bold, unique, and diverse.  Had I not taken this opportunity, I wouldn’t have learned interesting facts in journalism class and wouldn’t know anything about Boston University and its’ history. This tour took me out of my comfort zone and put me in a real life situation that most tours wouldn’t have done. I’m confident that, later in my life, this experience will help me decide what type of university I will go to. “A Day in the Life at BU” changed my views and perspectives on living at a University. Every minute was beneficial and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment